EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF DRINKS AND SNACK STALLS DURING CINEMA CITY
5th June 2023 to 10th June 2023
Cinema City is a community-curated film screening event.
The screenings will take place at Laparelli Garden between 5th June 2023 and 10th June 2023 from 20:45 hours to 23:00 hours with doors open at 20:15 hours, both dates included. The expected audience for each day is a maximum of 370.
The Valletta Cultural Agency is inviting prospective economic operators to submit an application to express their interest in providing bar and snacks services to the audience on the nights as per the conditions hereunder.
Prospective applicants are to note that by submitting an application as specified below, they are confirming agreement to all the terms and conditions related to the Expression of Interest (EOI) for Snacks and Drinks during Cinema City which shall be held between 5th June 2023 and 10th June 2023.
Applicants should also note that Cinema City will respect any restrictions published by the local Health Authorities on the organisation of public events.
2.1 INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Prospective applicants are to submit a duly filled in and endorsed Application Form including the provision of all requested details and documents.
- Prospective applicants are to ensure that the contact name on the Application Form is that of the individual who, if successful, shall enter into an agreement with the Valletta Cultural Agency for the provision of bar and snacks services.
- By submitting the Application Form, it is understood that the applicant has read and is in agreement with the terms and conditions of this Expression of Interest and affirms all Declarations. No conditions and alterations to the requirements listed in this document shall be introduced / imposed by the applicant on the Valletta Cultural Agency.
- Multiple offers may be accepted as long as separate submissions are effected.
- By submitting an application, prospective applicants shall be confirming that their submissions shall remain valid for a period of 90 days from the submission deadline.
2.2 APPLICATION TIMETABLE
|Expression of Interest for participation opens on||28/04/2023|
|Clarification requests may be submitted via email by not later than||10/05/2023 at 12:00 hours|
|Deadline for clarification responses as issued by the Valletta Cultural Agency||12/05/2023 at 12:00 hours|
|Applications are to be submitted via email by not later than||17/05/2023 at 12:00 hours (GMT+2/CEST)|
The deadline for Submission of applications is 17th May 2023 at 12:00 hours (GMT+2/CEST). Applications are to be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The opening of applications will take place on Wednesday, 17th May 2023 at 12:00 hours. An opening schedule shall be affixed on the notice board of the Valletta Cultural Agency in the sequence of how applications are received based on the time stamp on the email. Only the name(s) of the applicant(s) submitting an application in connection with the Expression of Interest for Snacks and Drinks shall be displayed. Prices shall not be listed in the opening schedule.
2.3 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
2.3.1 Application Form and Declaration
The Application Form and Declaration as listed in Annex 2 of this EOI document.
Should one or more of the listed requirements or fields be missing or incomplete, the submitted application shall be immediately disqualified and will not be considered further.
2.3.2 Other Documents Required
In addition to filling out the Application Form, the applicant is expected to provide the documentation requested in the Evaluation Grid listed in Article 2.4.2.
Prospective bidders are to take note of the Checklist as included in Annex 3 of this EOI document prior to the submission of the proposal in order to ensure that a full and complete submission shall be submitting in connection with this EOI.
Note 1: Applicants are to submit the relevant documents in PDF format via email or file transfer links (e.g. wetransfer.com). Links to cloud storage systems such as Google Drive or One Drive will not be considered.
2.4 SELECTION AND EVALUATION
2.4.1 Selection Criteria
Each application will be treated in strict confidence by the evaluation committee. The Contracting Authority reserves the right to select and/or reject any or all the submitted applications at its discretion. Should none of the applicants be considered satisfactory, the Contracting Authority reserves the right to assign the designated stalls to other economic operators (who may not necessarily be involved in this Expression of Interest).
The Contracting Authority also reserves the right to put some applications on a reserve list and contact them at a later date. In this case, no alterations to the contents of the applications as submitted by the respective economic operator shall be entertained.
The contracts will be awarded to the applicants submitting offers which obtain the highest points in accordance with the Evaluation Grid, and which include all the requirements of this EOI document. Should more than one applicant obtain the same marks, the spaces would be awarded by the Valletta Cultural Agency on a first-come, first-served basis; being the time stamp of the email submitted containing the application form and related documents.
2.4.2 Evaluation Grid
Bidders to submit the following documentation as part of their submission. Points shall be allocated based on the criteria listed adjacent to the points. All criteria are mandatory and thus a response to each criterion is to be provided in order for the technical compliance of the submission.
Pass mark: 60
Total marks: 100
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prospective bidders are to submit a detailed list of products such as Beer, Wine, Water, Soft Drinks, Juices, etc. along with the price list. A minimum choice of 4 alcoholic beverages and a minimum of 4 non-alcoholic beverages are to be provided.
- Prospective bidders are to submit a detailed list of savoury products (with popcorn being one of the choices) along with the price list.
A minimum choice of 4 savoury products is to be provided.
- Applications without any indication of product prices will be immediately disqualified.
- A list of prices for each item on sale must be displayed in a prominent area where the public can easily review. Prices are to be in compliance with local regulations.
- The applicant must comply with the Valletta Cultural Agency Environmental Policy as listed below:
- Use sustainable materials for packaging whenever possible.
- Use compostable disposables. All food waste and paper disposables must be added to the compost bins;
- The sale of drinking water in 50cl single-use plastic bottles is prohibited during the event. Water must be provided in glass, refillable containers or compostable disposables. An exception can be made for the sale of 2L bottles accompanied by compostable disposable cups.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider adopting a lower price for the refilling of re-usable cups brought by the audience members, but this is not mandatory.
- Use only biodegradable or organic washing products.
- The selected economic operator shall retain ALL PROFITS generated from sales. No financial compensation shall be requested by the Contracting Authority for the provision of this service.
3.2 | FEES
No applications fees are required.
3.3 SET UP AND DISMANTLING
- The setting up of equipment will commence two hours before the event. The precise timetable for setup will be communicated by the Valletta Cultural Agency one week prior to the commencement of the event.
- The selected economic operator shall set up in the designated spaces as specified in the presence of the organizers and must not exceed the boundaries of these spaces.
- The setting up of equipment must be completed by 8:15 pm every day from 5th June 2023 till 10th June 2023. The equipment must be dismantled once the event has ended on the 10th June starting at 11.30pm.
- The selected economic operator shall provide his/her own equipment including canopies, fridges and draught units lighting, at his/her own expense. Electricity supply will be provided by the Agency for the operation.
- The selected economic operator shall provide his/her own bins to use for the waste generated during service. This waste is within the responsibility of the applicant and shall be taken care of as needed. The selected economic operator shall provide recycling bins as well as bins for general waste.
Any type of waste is to be collected and disposed of by the economic operator in accordance with local environmental regulations. It is the responsibility of the selected economic operator to ensure proper clean-up procedures are implemented; no solid or liquid wastes are to be left on site or disposed of in the space.
- A parking space may be arranged by the Agency for use of storage and this will be close to the location of the stall but offsite.
- The Agency will provide 1 (one) security officer on a 24-hour basis on the premises. However, the selected economic operator is to understand that should he/she leave any equipment on site, this shall be done at his/her own risk and that the Agency is not responsible for such equipment nor be involved in any related dispute. Therefore, it is recommended that the selected economic operator possess adequate insurance coverage to cater for any loss, damage or theft of equipment which is valid throughout the entire duration of the contract; a copy of which may be requested at contract implementation stage.
3.4 PERMITS AND LICENSES
- The selected economic operator shall conform to local Health and Safety regulations, the regulations and legislation of the Maltese catering industry, any licenses and permits necessary to be eligible to sell/trade and the VAT Department. All snacks and drinks for sale must conform to the local sanitary regulations set by authorities and the applicant must have all the necessary licenses and permits so as to sell the product. Such permits may be requested at any time by the Contracting Authority.
- The selected economic operator shall be in possession of a valid Food Handlers Certificate.
- All those serving / handling snacks and drinks shall wear the necessary protective clothing, disposable gloves and any other form of protective hygienic gear. Compliance to local health regulations is a must.
- Only if required by the Health Authorities, the bar must be equipped with screens or similar protective partitions between seller and customer in order to ensure appropriate social distance.
- The selected economic operator selling alcohol must be in possession of a Licence for selling alcohol. All necessary legal requirements are the responsibility of the applicant. The Contracting Authority will not be liable for any action or fines incurred by the chosen applicant as a result of non-compliance with local regulations.
- The selected economic operator(s) shall have all the necessary insurance policies including public liability; which covers any form of risks including damage, loss, bodily harm, death in relation to third parties. The Contracting Authority shall not be involved in any legal dispute as result of the economic operator(s)’ operations in connection with event. A copy of a valid public liability insurance policy shall be submitted to the Contracting Authority upon contract endorsement.
If the selected economic operator(s) is caught breaking any of the Health and Safety as published by the Health Authorities, he/she may be requested by the Contracting Authority and/or other competent local authorities to close the stall and discontinue the sales with immediate effect. The economic operator(s) will not be entitled to any compensation and shall be liable to settle any fines incurred by the competent local authorities. Any fines incurred or Court proceedings resulting from such actions shall be entirely borne by / be the responsibility of the economic operator(s). In addition, any request for reimbursement of Schedule A and Schedule B fees shall not be entertained.
- All Maltese Laws relevant to the activity are to be observed in their entirety by the selected economic operator(s).
Annex 1: Illustrations
Please download the application form by clicking the button below.