The services of an Events Logistics Coordinator are required at the VCA, starting from January 2023 with an average of 40 hours of service per week.
The successful candidate shall enter into a Contract for Service for a period of thirty-six months. The service shall be remunerated at €15 (excluding VAT) per hour up to a maximum annual cost of €31,200 (excluding VAT), for a total contract value not exceeding €139,500 (excluding VAT) over three years. Any other taxes or charges shall be borne by the successful candidate.
The Valletta Cultural Agency
The VCA is a Government entity that sustains and strengthens the Capital City’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.
An Events Logistics Coordinator is required to manage event logistics at the Valletta Cultural Agency, including certain operational and logistical matters at the Valletta Design Cluster.
The Events Logistics Coordinator shall be required to liaise with the Agency’s staff to handle the logistic requirements of Valletta Cultural Agency events successfully, on time, within budget and according to the rules and regulations of the Agency and of Government.
• Providing specialised logistics services for Valletta Cultural Agency events;
• Providing specialized logistics services at the Valletta Design Cluster especially in the food spaces and common areas;
• Ensuring that all events follow the standards set by the Valletta Cultural Agency, in line with relevant legislation;
• Be very familiar with local authorities and entities in relation to the award of permits for various activities in Valletta;
• Maintaining a strong link with the Communications Department to ensure that information related to events is disseminated in a timely manner and to handle all logistic matters related to artistic events, launches, and press events as discussed with the Communications Department;
• Maintaining a good working relationship with all service providers and employees involved in Valletta Cultural Agency events;
• Carrying out any other task as directed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency and /or her representative.
Tasks related directly to Events as well as other Operational, Logistical and Communications tasks as listed below:
1. Tasks related to the Communications Department
i. Taking care of permits for installation and dismantling related to press events and/or physical signage related to marketing and outreach initiatives;
ii. Assisting in and handling the logistics with service providers linked to delivery and transportation of podiums and any others physical objects such as branded collateral tied to press events, performances and launches where necessary and as directed by the Communications Department;
iii. Ensuring that the agreed amount of visibility tied to the press events, performances and launches are in place in good time before the start of the event as agreed upon with the Communications Department.
2. Tasks related to the Programming Department
i. Obtaining permits for events and installations in Valletta;
ii. Providing specialized logistic services for Valletta Cultural Agency (VCA) events;
iii. Coordinating with main authorities and stakeholders as necessary;
iv. Ensure that all events under the Contractor’s remit follow the standards set by the Valletta Cultural Agency (VCA), in line with relevant legislation especially in relation to Health and Safety;
v. Work closely with the procurement team to ensure smooth running of events and adherence to regulations.
3. Tasks related to the Valletta Design Cluster
i. Assist the Valletta Design Cluster team by co-ordinating, monitoring, overseeing and reporting on tasks related to the maintenance and general repairs of the physical infrastructure, equipment, furniture, installed items and systems by the appointed service providers, as relevant;
ii. Assist the Valletta Design Cluster team by monitoring, overseeing and reporting on tasks related to the proper functioning of the Building Management Systems. The Key Experts shall be made familiar with such systems upon commencement of the contract in order to be able to provide first responder intervention whenever necessary and notify the Valletta Design Cluster team accordingly;
iii. Assist the Valletta Design Cluster team by monitoring, overseeing and reporting on tasks related to the proper implementation of service contracts related to the following: cleaning services, security services, pest control services, health & safety issues, waste collection services and other services provided by contractors and service providers as needed;
iv. Assist the Valletta Design Cluster team by monitoring, overseeing and reporting on tasks relating to the proper functioning of equipment and systems at specialised areas of the Cluster, including the makerspace, the foodspace, the international project labs (apartments) and the studios as required;
v. Assist the Valletta Design Cluster team by monitoring, overseeing and reporting on tasks relating to the coordination between operational aspects of the premises, event organisation based on the official programme of activities of the Valletta Design Cluster, and the members’ needs based on the issues and actions required for the proper functioning of the premises.
The selected service provider will work mainly from the Valletta Cultural Agency office under the joint supervision of the Head of Operations, Head of Communications, Head of Programming & Production and the Head of the Valletta Design Cluster and shall also be required to attend onsite and remote meetings events and other logistical and operational requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required
a. Interested applicants must be in possession of the following qualifications and / or certificates:
• A Certificate in Supervisory and Managerial Skills or a related subject at MQF Level 5 (or equivalent);
• A Certificate in Workers Health & Safety Representatives (or a related subject);
• A valid Certificate in Fire Fighting and Prevention (or a related subject);
• A valid Certificate in First Aid;
• A Certificate in Basic Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Principles or equivalent;
• A valid Food Handler Certificate (License A); and
• A valid Driving License B1, B, C1, BE, C1E.
b. Interested applicants must be able to communicate in English and, preferably, also Maltese.
c. It will be considered an asset for eligible applicants to be in possession of the following skills:
• Excellent communications skills;
• Excellent networking skills;
• Ability to develop artistic concepts;
• Proficient computer skills (MS Office and Outlook);
• Strong attention to detail.
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, together with a document outlining a brief explanation and methodology on how they are to achieve the objectives laid out in the Main Tasks section. These documents, together with a CV and copies of certificates, are to be sent by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than noon of 10th January 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to sit for an interview, which may be conducted over the internet.
The final selection shall be made on technical merit. It will be based on an analysis of the submitted documentation in line with the requirements of this call, and on the outcome of the interview.