Call for applications to perform duties as Programming Administration Coordinator at the Valletta Cultural Agency (VCA)
Nomenclatures denoting the male gender also include the female gender
The services of a Programming Administration Coordinator are required at the VCA, starting from March 2023, with an average of 40 hours of service per week.
The successful candidate shall enter into a Contract for Service for a period of 36 (thirty-six) months. The service shall be remunerated at €14 (excluding VAT) per hour, with an average of 40 hours per week of required service. The total contract value will not exceed €96,096 (excluding VAT) over three years. Any other taxes or charges shall be borne by the successful candidate.
The Valletta Cultural Agency
The VCA is a Government entity that sustains and strengthens the Capital City’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.
The Programming Administration Coordinator will form part of the Programming Department of the VCA and will be working under the supervision of the Head of Programming and Production and the Chief Executive Officer. The main duties of the Programming Administration Coordinator are:
- Assisting the Programming & Production Department in its functions;
- Assisting in matters of general administration including but not limited to the management of schedules, preliminary drafting of contracts and forecasting of budgets;
- Managing and updating all necessary electronic and paper documentation directly related to the Programming & Production Department;
- Managing requests for communication with the Programming & Production Department and relaying communication as necessary including screening phone calls, enquiries and requests;
- Collating, compiling and following up on information related to insurance, agreements, accounting and procedure;
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary;
- Attending committees and meetings as required by the role;
- Minute taking of meetings attended and conducted and any reporting thereafter;
- Writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary;
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for the Programming & Production Department as necessary;
- Reporting when requested to the Chief Executive Officer and / or the Chairman of the VCA.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Interested applicants must be in possession of the following qualifications and/or certificates:
- Master’s qualification at MQF Level 7 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2008) in a subject related to Management / Social Sciences / the Humanities, plus one (1) year relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2003) in a subject related to Management / Social Sciences / the Humanities, plus three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Diploma’s qualification at MQF Level 5 in a subject related to Management / Social Sciences / the Humanities, plus five (5) years relevant work experience.
Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application or sent separately to the Head of HR Management at Valletta Cultural Agency, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta or by email on email@example.com by not later than the closing date and time.
Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, together with a document outlining a brief explanation and methodology on how they are to achieve the objectives laid out in the section entitled ‘Services Required’. These documents, together with a CV and copies of certificates, are to be sent by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than noon (Central European Time) of 11th May 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to sit for an interview, which may be conducted over the internet. Eligible applicants will be interviewed by a Selection Board to assess their suitability to carry out the duties mentioned above.
The final selection shall be made on technical merit. It will be based on an analysis of the submitted documentation in line with the requirements of this call, and on the outcome of the interview.