The services of a Customer and Partnerships Coordinator are required at the VCA, starting from May 2023, with an average of 40 hours of service per week.
The successful candidate shall enter into a Contract for Service for a period of 36 (thirty-six) months. The service shall be remunerated at €14 (excluding VAT) per hour, with an average of 40 hours per week. The total contract value will not exceed €90,000 (excluding VAT) over three years. Any other taxes or charges shall be borne by the successful candidate.
1. The Valletta Cultural Agency
The VCA is a Government entity that sustains and strengthens the Capital City’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.
2. Services Required
A Customer and Partnerships Coordinator is required to manage customer care and partnerships in liaison with the Agency’s staff successfully, on time and within the budget and according to the rules and regulations of the Agency and of the Government of Malta.
The Customer and Partnerships Coordinator will be required to work as follows:
- From 07:45 hours to 14:00 hours from Monday to Friday excluding Public / National Holidays, during the summer period. The summer period does not include any break however if a minimum 15-minute break is requested by the Service Provider, this shall be deducted from the hours of service rendered by the Service Provider.
- From 07:45 hours to 17:45 hours from Monday to Friday excluding Public / National Holidays, during the winter period. The winter period includes a daily 45-minute break which is deductible from the hours of service rendered by the Service Provider.
- Additional hours of service may be requested by the Valletta Cultural Agency in accordance with the exigencies of work.
Payment shall be affected in accordance with the hours of service rendered (excluding any breaks of temporary absence from the site where the service is being rendered) following the submission of a monthly timesheet outlining the daily hours of service rendered and a detailed fiscal invoice.
3. Main Tasks
- Welcome, greet and build sustainable relationships and trust with visitors and customers;
- Identify and assess customer needs and address client requests in a manner that helps achieve client satisfaction and exceed their expectations;
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed;
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools;
- Take care of the office upkeep and consumables;
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments;
- Receive and sort daily mail, deliveries and couriers;
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, emailing, faxing, etc.;
- Develop, process and maintain a record keeping system for correspondence, keeping a record of all actions;
- Work as a team member and ensure coordination and continuity of work activities internally as well as ensure that the Reception Desk is manned at all times;
- Foster reliable networks with stakeholders;
- Review work processes and collate internal and external feedback and make recommendations to the team and superiors to innovatively improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the customer care functions and the customer experience;
- Follow established policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Ensure implementation of Directives that apply for the Valletta Cultural Agency structure;
- Create and maintain reports about customer interactions and disseminating documentation through the established communication channels;
- Provide administrative support to superiors/management as may be required;
- Contribute to regular reporting including Annual Report and Business Plan;
- Coordinating and contributing to the formulation of the Valletta Cultural Agency’s partnerships strategy;
- Proposing possible partnerships;
- Managing partnership relationships and agreements;
- Managing and maintaining a partnership database;
- Ensuring that partnership benefits are delivered;
- Any other duties as directed by the CEO and Head of Operations Department according to the exigencies of the Valletta Cultural Agency;
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all service providers and employees involved with the Valletta Cultural Agency;
- Carrying out any other task as directed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency and / or her representative.
The selected Service Provider will work mainly from the Valletta Cultural Agency office under the supervision of the Head of Operations. The Service Provider may request to work offsite depending on the exigencies of work and subject that prior approval is granted by the Head of Operations.
4. Qualifications and Experience Required
Interested Applicants must be in possession of the following certificates and skills, by the closing date of submission of the application:
- in possession of a recognised qualifications at MQF Level 6 or equivalent in an area related to languages or the humanities;
- able to communicate in English, Italian, French, German and, preferably, also Maltese;
- It will be considered an asset for eligible applicants to be in possession of the following skills:
- Excellent communications skills;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Ability to develop artistic concepts;
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office and Outlook);
- Strong attention to detail.
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, together with a document outlining a brief explanation and methodology on how they are to achieve the objectives laid out in the Main Tasks section. These documents, together with a CV and copies of certificates, are to be sent by email on: email@example.com by not later than noon of 5th May 2023. Late and / or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to sit for an interview, which may be conducted over the internet.
The final selection shall be made on technical merit. It will be based on an analysis of the submitted documentation in line with the requirements of this call, and on the outcome of the interview.