Jobsplus Permit No. 220/2023
Call for applications to perform duties as Head of Programming and Production at the Valletta Cultural Agency (VCA)
Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender
- The VCA is a Government entity tasked with sustaining and strengthening the capital city’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.
- The Agency is seeking applications from suitable candidates to perform duties as Head of Programming and Production as cited below, for a period of three (3) years.
- Since this position falls under S.L.452.81 Article 7(4)(b)(i), being a top management position in terms of Subsidiary Legislation 452.81 entitled ‘Contracts of Service for a Fixed Term Regulations, this constitutes an objective reason for the Employee not to attain indefinite status in this position in terms of the said Regulation.
- The Head of Programming and Production forms part of the top management team of the VCA and will be working under the supervision of the CEO and will be accountable directly to the CEO.
The main duties of the Head of Programming and Production are:
- Managing all aspects of the Agency’s Cultural Programme in an efficient, effective and coordinated manner, as well as in accordance with established procedures;
- Developing and implementing the Agency’s cultural programme strategy;
- Managing the budget associated with the Programming and Production department;
- Monitoring the overall process of procurement of the project and reporting to the CEO on plans and performance;
- Managing the overall process of production of said projects within agreed timeframes and according to set budgets;
- Directing the organisation’s Cultural Programme activities to achieve agreed objectives;
- Liaising with the rest of the team so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development;
- Monitoring results of the Cultural Programme and Strategy and develop solutions to address weaknesses;
- Coordinating any necessary process leading to the next bid for ECOC in Malta;
- Managing the Programming and Production teams towards reaching operational objectives, purposes and achievements;
- Carrying out any other duties according to the exigencies of the Agency as directed by the CEO.
- The salary attached to the position of Head of Programming and Production shall be €35,175 (in 2023) per annum at Grade 4 within the Public Cultural Organisations Grading and Salary Structure. The chosen candidate will be entitled to a Communications Allowance of €1,600 per annum, a Transport Allowance of €1,500 per annum, a Performance Bonus up to a maximum of 15% per annum.
- Eligible applicants will be interviewed by a Selection Board to assess their suitability to carry out such duties.
- Applicants must, by the closing date of submission of the application, be:
in possession of a recognised Master’s qualification at MQF Level 7 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2008) in a subject related to Management or the Humanities, plus three (3) years relevant work experience, one (1) year of which must be in a management position.
in possession of a recognised Bachelor’s qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2003) in a subject related to Management or the Humanities, plus five (5) years relevant work experience, one (1) year of which must be in a management position.
- Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application or sent separately to the Head of HR Management at Valletta Cultural Agency, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than the closing date and time.
- Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
- Persons registered with the National Commission for Persons with a Disability (NCPD) may be given reasonable accommodation in terms of Section 7 of the Equal Opportunities (Persons with Disability) Act (Chapter 413 of the Laws of Malta), even if they do not satisfy in full the requirements for this post, provided they can carry out, in essence, the duties related to the post applied for.
- Representations in terms of this clause should be attached to the application form and supported with relevant documents which must also include documentary evidence of registration with the NCPD. Reasoned justifications should be given to substantiate the lack of full eligibility requirements and why reasoned considerations are merited.
- All correspondence is to be addressed to the receiving entity and copied to the NCPD.
- Applications supported by the necessary documentation, which should include a motivation letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and where applicable a Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47), are to reach the Head of HR Management, by hand or by post at Valletta Culture Agency, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta by not later than noon (Central European Time) of 4th April 2023. In the case of Public sector employees, these are to present their paid leave/unpaid leave/sick leave records for the last four (4) years, including any records of any disciplinary action that may have been taken (in the absence of such records it will be understood that no disciplinary action was ever taken). Scanned copies of the application and the relevant documentation sent electronically on email@example.com are acceptable.
- Applications received will be acknowledged with a receipt.
- The chosen officer will be required to sign an undertaking signifying his commitment to the assignment for which he is selected.